Mason Mount excited to work with 'world class' Raheem Sterling at Chelsea

Forum 1 year ago

Mason Mount excited to work with 'world class' Raheem Sterling at Chelsea

Mason Mount has admitted he is looking forward to teaming up with Raheem Sterling at Chelsea next season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/75c233f4fe5092211cfd7c69d858e241.jpg

Sterling was the first high-profile signing of the Todd Boehly era at Stamford Bridge, joining from Manchester City for a cool £47.5m.

The pair know each other well from their time together in the England setup, and now Mount is relishing the chance to combine with Sterling at club level as well.

"We are just adding another world-class, top player to our team," Mount said.

"He has been brilliant for them for however many years and he has won so much so for us to get him, we are lucky. He is going to do everything he can to be at the top of his level to win stuff with us. And we are a team with a lot of ambition and a lot of will to win. So he brings that too.

"I spoke to him a little bit when we were away on international duty. He didn’t have a clue what was going on. He just said there was interest there and I was obviously saying: ‘We’d love to have you at the club’. I know what he is like as a person and a player. I’ve played with him for the last couple of years with England and he’s a top, top guy with a lot left to go and a lot more winning to do so its brilliant to have him."

Winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, who got a shout-out from Sterling in the new man's first official interview, shared Mount's excitement.

"He has had a big influence. We know the player he is. Top, top player. We have seen what he has done for Manchester City and for England," Hudson-Odoi said.

"He has done amazing. For myself, playing in the same position he plays, it is definitely good to look up to someone like him, his goals and assists and the way he plays and dribbles. It is definitely a good thing to look up and know you have someone like him in the changing room who wants to lead and help the team win games, try and win trophies.

"A big character like him helps all of us in the changing room, and on the pitch and in training sessions as well."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charles Okocha Excited As He
Forum | 2 days ago

Charles Okocha Excited As He's Honoured With Award by Mayor of Brampton in Canada

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done
Forum | 3 days ago

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw