Massimiliano Allegri: Juventus have 'duty' to win Serie A

Forum 1 year ago

Massimiliano Allegri: Juventus have 'duty' to win Serie A

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has warned his players they have a 'duty' to win the league this season after a few years in the wilderness.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9e7fbd0e37e2c741b32d9ff14193dc5b.jpg

The Bianconeri have not won Serie A in the past two years, while the 2021/22 campaign was Juve's first without a trophy since 2010/11.

Speaking during the team's pre-season preparations, Allegri acknowledged the need to improve and challenged his players to deliver some much-needed silverware.

“Juventus, as always, want to achieve every objective," the boss explained.

“This summer has seen some top players arrive: some with experience, some young. Plus, it’s the second season so we are already starting from a good base.

“After a trophy-less season, for the first time in 10 years, we have a duty to win the Scudetto.”

Allegri made a point of highlighting the turnover in the squad this summer, admitting the arrivals of Paul Pogba and Angel Di Maria could have a massive impact.

"Di Maria and Pogba are extraordinary," he said. "Then, we have a young man like [Federico] Gatti and there are other young players that I need to evaluate.

"I am very happy with the arrival of Bremer, a physical player with the characteristics we were looking for. There aren't many defenders at that level, so the club have done very well to replace [Matthijs] De Ligt promptly.

"I am satisfied, but now the matches are starting and there is only one month left until the start of the season."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 4 days ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea
Forum | 6 days ago

SPORTFA Cup: It’s unacceptable – Guardiola reacts to 1-0 win over Chelsea