Dani Alves signs for Pumas UNAM following Barcelona release

Forum 1 year ago

Dani Alves signs for Pumas UNAM following Barcelona release

Dani Alves has signed for Mexican side Pumas UNAM on a free transfer, following his release from Barcelona.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/23c8e52a5df0a750ea5634f809259b8b.jpg

39-year-old Alves proved that he still has life in his old legs last season, returning to Camp Nou in January and going on to make 17 appearances in all competitions.

However, despite Alves indicating that he would have been open to extending his stay at the club, the defender was not offered a new deal.

It has not take long for the Brazilian to scope out his next challenges though, with UNAM confirming his arrival in a strange announcement video.

In the clip, the club's mascot is driven around in a pretty unimpressive car, eventually arriving at the club's ground: Estadio Olímpico Universitario.

While he is on the pitch a message then appears, which translates to: 'Dani, we are waiting for you.' Alves is also tagged in the announcement tweet, to avoid any confusion over which Dani UNAM had actually signed.

The legendary defender joins the club with the Liga MX season having just got underway. UNAM have made a solid start to the season, winning once and drawing twice in their opening three games.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Insane Like Me Digital Release Date Set for Supernatural Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

Insane Like Me Digital Release Date Set for Supernatural Thriller

Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Disney+ Special
Forum | 2 days ago

Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Disney+ Special

Invaders from Proxima B VOD Release Date Set for Family Sci-Fi Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

Invaders from Proxima B VOD Release Date Set for Family Sci-Fi Comedy

Abigail Digital Release Date Set for Universal’s Vampire Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Abigail Digital Release Date Set for Universal’s Vampire Movie