Bruno Fernandes unsure if Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Man Utd

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Fernandes unsure if Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Man Utd

Bruno Fernandes has admitted he does not know whether teammate Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Manchester United this summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/392333b4d74842571a13ad10e61f7f30.jpg

Ronaldo asked United to consider transfer offers for him earlier this summer but no move has materialised yet. He was given time off by the Red Devils for family reasons and was not included in their pre-season tour squad.

New manager Erik ten Hag has since hinted at Ronaldo extending his stay at the club, though Fernandes has revealed the rest of the squad are still somewhat in the dark.

"Obviously we have to respect the decision of everyone," he said. "I don’t know what Cristiano said to the club, to the manager, I don’t know what’s going on in his, but we have to respect his space.

"From everything we know, he had some family problems, so we have to respect his space, give him some space and that’s it.

"Cristiano was our top scorer last season, he added goals to us, but obviously it’s not on me, it’s the club that has to make the choices and Cristiano makes his own choice.

"As I said, I don’t know what’s going on in his head, if he wants to leave, it’s all about news. I didn’t ask them that.

"The only thing I asked Cristiano, when he didn’t turn up, was if everything was OK with the family, he told me what was going on, that’s it and nothing more."

Chelsea were initially interested in exploring a deal for Ronaldo following the arrival of new owner Todd Boehly, but eventually decided against the move.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town
Forum | 3 days ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes