Robert Lewandowski admits it was 'hard work' joining Barcelona

Forum 1 year ago

Robert Lewandowski admits it was 'hard work' joining Barcelona

Robert Lewandowski has admitted his move from Bayern Munich to Barcelona felt like 'hard work' at times this summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e25a0e2b9d25ee96f107c2c8e59c93af.jpg

Following the culmination of the 2021/22 campaign, Lewandowski wasted little time expressing his desire to bring his time in Bavaria to an end.

Barcelona soon emerged as his only real suitors, with both player and club publicly stating their desire to link up on more than one occasion.

Eventually, Barça's financial recovery plan freed up enough funds to make the move happen, with Lewandowski's €50m switch being confirmed earlier this week.

He has since linked up with his new teammates in Miami, where they are currently on a pre-season tour, and was unveiled to the media on Wednesday.

"That was very hard work to join Barcelona but in the end I am here," Lewandowski said.

"We know we have to work do. We have huge potential in the team, huge quality. I am ready to be a part of this big club with an amazing history. And doing the new history. I am very, very happy."

In recent years Lewandowski has broken a string of records with his incredible goalscoring feats. This continued last season with the Poland international netting a staggering 50 times in just 46 appearances, and the 33-year-old added that he was hungry for more of the same in Catalunya.

"For me as a striker I always have to be ready to score goals, to help the team win the game. The most important thing is winning the game," he said.

"It is the best solution. It is a new challenge for me as well. I know in football you have to be always hungry and I am still hungry with my mentality: winning the game, scoring the goals.

"I am in the right position now."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Robert De Niro Didn’t Yell at Pro-Palestinian Rally in Video, Issues Statement
Forum | 5 days ago

Robert De Niro Didn’t Yell at Pro-Palestinian Rally in Video, Issues Statement

Robert Downey Jr. Defends Thor Against Chris Hemsworth’s Critiques
Forum | 5 days ago

Robert Downey Jr. Defends Thor Against Chris Hemsworth’s Critiques

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 week ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka