Robert Lewandowski reveals chance meeting with Xavi on holiday

Forum 1 year ago

Robert Lewandowski reveals chance meeting with Xavi on holiday

Robert Lewandowski has revealed he bumped into Barcelona manager Xavi in a chance meeting while on holiday in Ibiza.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ff143c10c03c10c3caf745d9262232a9.jpg

The striker's move to Camp Nou is expected to be confirmed soon, with Barça agreeing a €50m fee with Bayern Munich after he made clear his desire to leave. A medical is taking place ahead of the transfer.

In late June, it was reported that Lewandowski and Xavi had dined at the same restaurant and the 33-year-old has now confirmed they exchanged pleasantries.

Lewandowski told Bild: "It was actually a chance meeting! But we had good chemistry straight away, he was like, 'I'll wait for you.' Xavi told me that we work well together and can achieve a lot. He has a clear plan on how to bring Barcelona back to the top."

Lewandowski is both playing the best football of his career and reaching the twilight of his days on the pitch.

Bayern had only been interested in a two-year contract extension but Lewandowski is set to sign a contract which will run until 2024 in Catalonia. The Poland forward's form has shown no sign of declining with age, having scored 98 club goals in the last two seasons.

On his age, Lewandowski added: "I know I'll be 34 soon. But I feel very strong physically and mentally. Barcelona saw it the same way. I don't know how things will continue after that, but even 2026 doesn't have to be the end. I want to play at the top level for many years to come.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth
Forum | 1 day ago

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit
Forum | 2 days ago

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit