Jobe Bellingham signs professional contract at Birmingham City

Forum 1 year ago

Jobe Bellingham signs professional contract at Birmingham City

Jobe Bellingham, brother of Borussia Dortmund and England star Jude, has penned professional terms at boyhood club Birmingham City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6ca5ad771b7987a67805a295d9e30fcc.jpg

The attacking midfielder made his senior debut for the Blues last season, featuring as a substitute in two Championship games and also playing 50 minutes in his side's FA Cup defeat to Plymouth Argyle.

Now, the 16-year-old has followed in his famous brother's footsteps by signing his first professional contract at St Andrew's.

"Blues are pleased to announce that Jobe Bellingham has agreed personal terms on a professional contract," a club statement read.

"The attacking midfielder has accepted the Club’s offer, and this will be officially finalised when he turns 17 on Friday 23 September 2022.

"In advance of this, the 16-year-old has signed a scholarship with Birmingham City, allowing him to continue his progression within a development framework renowned for producing players ready for first-team football."

Bellingham is highly rated with 90min reporting back in 2020 that Manchester United were interested in signing him, along with his elder sibling. His progress will now be tracked closely by some of Europe's biggest clubs, including Liverpool.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid

UCL: Why I took Bellingham off against Bayern Munich – Ancelotti
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Why I took Bellingham off against Bayern Munich – Ancelotti

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice

EPL: Man City maintain one-point gap at top with 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Man City maintain one-point gap at top with 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest