Scott McTominay opens up on 'most difficult' pre-season of his career

Forum 1 year ago

Scott McTominay opens up on 'most difficult' pre-season of his career

Scott McTominay has revealed that Erik ten Hag's pre-season training sessions have been among the 'most difficult' he has experienced in his career to date.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0bdf7b4786a25954858598679c1afcda.jpgDr

Ten Hag has been tasked with turning Manchester United around following their worst ever Premier League campaign last time out, and he has been working his squad hard over the past few weeks.

The early signs have been good too, with United romping to a 4-0 win over Liverpool in Thailand before they beat Melbourne Victory 4-1 on Friday.

Speaking after that win at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, McTominay opened up about how tough pre-season has been for him.

"We have had some tough pre-seasons but this has been up there with the most difficult ones," said McTominay.

"It is an accumulation. It is getting miles into the legs and getting people accustomed to the work we want to do.

"There are a lot of different ideas and variations. He [Ten Hag] is very clear in meetings about what he wants us to do and how he wants to approach the games.

"It is important we take that message on board."

United's pre-season preparations continue with a friendly against Crystal Palace's touring squad in Melbourne. They then face Aston Villa in Perth before taking on Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano ahead of their season opener against Brighton at Old Trafford on Sunday 7 August.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Adventures With Superman Season 2 Video Teases Return of Adult Swim’s Animated Series
Forum | 1 day ago

My Adventures With Superman Season 2 Video Teases Return of Adult Swim’s Animated Series

The Outlaws Season 3 Trailer Confirms Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

The Outlaws Season 3 Trailer Confirms Prime Video Release Date

Love Island USA Season 6 Video Previews Sarah Hyland’s Replacement
Forum | 1 day ago

Love Island USA Season 6 Video Previews Sarah Hyland’s Replacement

Snowpiercer Season 4 Sets AMC Release Date for Final Chapter
Forum | 1 day ago

Snowpiercer Season 4 Sets AMC Release Date for Final Chapter