PSG reach agreement with Reims for Hugo Ekitike

Forum 1 year ago

PSG reach agreement with Reims for Hugo Ekitike

Paris Saint-Germain are closing in on the signing of Hugo Ekitike on a five-year deal after agreeing to pay Reims nearly €35m plus add-ons, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d89b5c65efe0ddd3e6f0be32b470d6ae.jpg

Ekitike emerged as one of Europe's brightest young stars last season and was long courted by Newcastle United, who backed away from a deal due to excessive wage demands.

With a move to St James' Park off the table, PSG stepped up their interest in the 20-year-old in recent weeks, though were also pursuing Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca.

However, 90min understands that Christophe Galtier's side have decided to push ahead with a move for Ekitike instead and have reached an agreement with Reims, while West Ham United have agreed a deal in principle with Sassuolo for Scamacca.

PSG's new sporting advisor Luis Campos is believed to be a huge fan of Ekitike and pushed for his signing, while reports in recent months have suggested the Parisians now want to focus on developing French talent as opposed to buying big name stars.

With Campos' guidance, PSG have already completed the signing of Vitinha from Porto, and they would like to add another Portuguese midfielder to their ranks in the form of Lille's Renato Sanches.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Why we lost 1-0 to Dortmund – PSG manager, Luis Enrique
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Why we lost 1-0 to Dortmund – PSG manager, Luis Enrique

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 3 weeks ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat