Thomas Tuchel hails arrival of 'huge asset' Raheem Sterling at Chelsea

Forum 1 year ago

Thomas Tuchel hails arrival of 'huge asset' Raheem Sterling at Chelsea

Thomas Tuchel has lauded Raheem Sterling's arrival at Chelsea following the attacker's £50m move from Manchester City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5290e77e1f1c429acdff0ff9d2a2c0d3.jpg

Sterling was announced as a Chelsea player on Wednesday having signed a five-year contract and flown out to Los Angeles to join the club's pre-season tour of the US.

The England international becomes the west Londoners' first major signing under the ownership of Todd Boehly.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Chelsea head coach Tuchel expressed his delight at getting the deal over the line and bringing in a proven goalscorer and winner.

"Hopefully he shapes our team by just being who he is," the German said. "He will be a huge asset for us.

"For me, he is a huge player, with a huge influence in the last years in English football and he's in a perfect age to now take responsibility around young players that we have and be an example.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers
Forum | 3 days ago

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers