Ousmane Dembele finally renews Barcelona contract

Forum 1 year ago

Ousmane Dembele finally renews Barcelona contract

Ousmane Dembele has ended months of speculation surrounding his future by signing a new two-year contract with Barcelona.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8d0e6fc6f76812bf5b0bdf934e60e29d.jpg

The Frenchman has flirted with a move away on numerous occasions over the past year amid a contract impasse.

Dembele's most recent contract actually expired at the end of June and he was technically a free agent amid interest from Chelsea, but having previously refused to put pen to paper the winger has now signed on at Camp Nou until 2024.

Barcelona had tried desperately to sell the 25-year-old in January after he had rejected their most recent proposal due to his lofty wage demands.

Six months later, 90min understands the player has bizarrely agreed to a huge pay cut to remain with the Blaugrana.

The new terms he has signed will see the France international's salary reduced by an initial 40% amid Barcelona's challenging financial situation, although he has agreed to that in the belief that he will receive a new and improved offer in a years' time.

No-one is truly sure where Barcelona's money is coming from as things stand, but having activated a 'second economic lever', the club has also reached an agreement in principle to sign Leeds' Brazilian wide man Raphinha.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 3 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story