Tottenham players put through brutal pre-season training on South Korea tour

Forum 1 year ago

Tottenham players put through brutal pre-season training on South Korea tour

Tottenham players have been left the physical effects on Antonio Conte’s brutal pre-season training while on tour in South Korea, with Harry Kane left throwing up and Son Heung-min needing help to get back to his feet after punishing drills.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bde7273911dfb5f5ed2315f394296546.jpg

This is Conte’s first summer as Spurs boss after replacing Nuno Espirito Santo in November. The Italian is known for expecting immense fitness levels from his players and a catchphrase that has followed him since his Juventus days is ‘eat grass’.

That instruction means demanding players have the fitness to run all over the pitch, but stands to be hugely beneficial in the long-term.

Spurs players have been put through their paces in a two-hour session after arriving in South Korea led by notorious fitness coach Gian Piero Ventrone and finished with intense shuttle run.

Ex-Juventus defender once remarked of Ventrone’s sessions: “When you finish training, you are dead. Not tired…dead.”

Coupled with east Asia’s stifling summer humidity, temperatures in Kora are around 30 degrees. While Kane was sick, Son and others collapsed to the floor and needed assistance to stand up.

While in South Korea, Spurs will play a K-League XI and Sevilla in Seoul and Suwon respectively.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 2 days ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob