Crystal Palace confirm signing of Cheick Doucoure

Forum 1 year ago

Crystal Palace confirm signing of Cheick Doucoure

Crystal Palace have confirmed the signing of midfielder Cheick Doucoure from Lens for £22m.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dcb11082947fbea1d9f5ba84176a67c4.jpg

The Mali international has signed a five-year contract and becomes Palace's latest signing following the arrivals of Malcolm Ebiowei and Sam Johnstone.

90min revealed in late June that the Eagles were close to agreeing a deal with Lens as they searched for a replacement for Cheikhou Kouyate, who has since left following the expiry of his contract.

Doucoure told Palace's website: “I'm very happy, I feel a lot of joy and a lot of pride to be a Palace player. I’m proud to be at Palace today."

Chairman Steve Parish added: “Cheick's arrival is yet another statement of intent, demonstrating our ambition to further improve the squad this summer.

“We are extremely confident that Cheick will adapt seamlessly to the rigours of the Premier League and that he will contribute positively to the squad, and I wish him all the very best for his time with us."

Palace are looking to improve on an excellent first season under Patrick Vieira, finishing 12th in the Premier League.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 1 week ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace