Lewis Ferguson & Josh Doig set to finalise Serie A moves

Forum 1 year ago

Lewis Ferguson & Josh Doig set to finalise Serie A moves

Scottish duo Josh Doig and Lewis Ferguson are both in Italy to complete medicals ahead of moves to Hellas Verona and Bologna respectively, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b4896d261e66d6c7bb9d0a154276bb85.jpg

Doig is set to finalise a move to Verona, while Ferguson is following in the footsteps of fellow Scotland international Aaron Hickey with a move to Bologna. Hickey spent two very successful seasons at the Renato Dall'Arra, earning a place in the Scotland squad and a £20m move to Brentford at the weekend.

90min understands that a number of English clubs were interested in Ferguson - including Watford last season - but the 22-year-old has opted for a move to Serie A.

The midfielder enjoyed a career best season at Aberdeen in 2021/22, scoring 16 goals in all competitions, and made his Scotland debut in September in a 2-0 defeat to Denmark.

Doig, on the other hand, is yet to make his senior bow for the Scots, but has six under-21 caps to his name and is one of the highest-regarded young Scottish players around. The defender won the SFWA Young Player of the Year award in 2020/21 and continued that fine form into the 2021/22 season at Hibernian, helping them reach the Scottish Cup semi-final and the Scottish League Cup final.

The 20-year-old has previously been linked with a move to the Premier League and Celtic, but has opted to take his talents to Verona this summer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Insane Like Me Digital Release Date Set for Supernatural Thriller
Forum | 6 hours ago

Insane Like Me Digital Release Date Set for Supernatural Thriller

Invaders from Proxima B VOD Release Date Set for Family Sci-Fi Comedy
Forum | 20 hours ago

Invaders from Proxima B VOD Release Date Set for Family Sci-Fi Comedy

Abigail Digital Release Date Set for Universal’s Vampire Movie
Forum | 20 hours ago

Abigail Digital Release Date Set for Universal’s Vampire Movie