Nottingham Forest confirm Omar Richards signing

Forum 1 year ago

Nottingham Forest confirm Omar Richards signing

Nottingham Forest have confirmed the signing of Omar Richards on a four-year deal from Bayern Munich.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/10c9b57cb3fc49754d1a69cf1b3fbe77.jpg

Richards only joined Die Roten from Reading last summer but after failing to break into the first team in Bavaria he has opted to return to England.

Last season he made 17 appearances in all competitions and collected a Bundesliga winner's medal.

Speaking about the move, he said: “I’m thrilled to return to England by joining Nottingham Forest at such an exciting time. The club has enjoyed an incredible last few months and there’s great ambitions for the Premier League return.

“I’ve played against Forest in the past and they get such great backing from their fans, whilst the City Ground is an amazing place that I can now call home. I can’t wait to join up with the squad this week and begin preparations for the new season.”

Head coach Steve Cooper added: “I’m thrilled to return to England by joining Nottingham Forest at such an exciting time. The club has enjoyed an incredible last few months and there’s great ambitions for the Premier League return.

“I’ve played against Forest in the past and they get such great backing from their fans, whilst the City Ground is an amazing place that I can now call home. I can’t wait to join up with the squad this week and begin preparations for the new season.”

Richards becomes Forest's fifth signing of the summer after Taiwo Awoniyi, Moussa Niakhate, Giulian Biacone and Dean Henderson. The club are also confident of beating Fulham to Neco Williams' signature.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 3 days ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]