For 20 Years, Weird Persons Keep Spreading Lies That Pete Edochie Is Dead – Family Of Nollywood Veteran

Forum 1 year ago

For 20 Years, Weird Persons Keep Spreading Lies That Pete Edochie Is Dead – Family Of Nollywood Veteran

The legendary actor and former broadcaster, Pete Edochie's family has dispelled the rumours that the actor died in an accident.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9c9f3ad25f3f5a5857d4ef5050834040.jpg

The 75-year-old thespian, who has acted in hordes of Nollywood blockbusters, was reported to have died based on rumour circulated by some platforms.

The Actors Guild of Nigeria President Emeka Rollas condemned in strong terms the publication of such malicious stories and assured that the perpetrators of such unfounded rumours will be prosecuted.

But Edochie’s son, Uche in an Instagram post cleared the air on the story.

He wrote, “Hi everyone. My dad is fine. No, he is not dead and he has not been in an accident. Believe it or not, for the past twenty years, a group of people have taken up the task of declaring that my dad is dead.”

“They do this every other year. Human beings are a weird bunch. I wonder what motivates people to do things like this. These are adults.

“I guess they do it to drive traffic to their websites or just for their attention, Who knows. If this was a one-off incident, I would not even bother to talk about it. But they have persisted.

“They have been doing this for years now and in the past few days, friends are calling us yet again. My dad must be some sort of superhero because according to the people peddling this news, he has died like a hundred times in the past twenty years.

“Anyway thanks guys. Just needed to drop a quick one and shut this madness down. Have a superb week.”

Chief Edochie who is crowned “Ebubedike” of Nteje town in Anambra State had worked with the Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) in the old Anambra State, presently Enugu State Broadcasting Service (ESBS) among other places.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Know What
Forum | 1 day ago

I Know What's Happening to Wizkid - Yul Edochie Claims

Ashley Madison: Sex, Lies & Scandal Trailer Previews Netflix Docuseries
Forum | 2 days ago

Ashley Madison: Sex, Lies & Scandal Trailer Previews Netflix Docuseries

Yul Edochie Makes Special Vow to 2nd Wife Judy Austin
Forum | 2 days ago

Yul Edochie Makes Special Vow to 2nd Wife Judy Austin