Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini acquitted of fraud

Forum 1 year ago

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini acquitted of fraud

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have been acquitted of fraud by a Swiss court.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/be301f46f33da7264a02edb85fba27f9.jpg

The pair used to be two of football's most important decision-makers, with Blatter heading up FIFA between 1998 and 2015 and Platini head of UEFA between 2007 and 2015.

Both men were suspended from their roles in October 2015 while an investigation took place over a payment made by Blatter to Platini for consultancy services.

Later that year they were then barred from any involvement in football for eight years.

However, the pair have now been acquitted of the fraud charge that ended their careers seven years ago.

As per The Guardian, prosecutors claimed that the payment was made 'without a legal basis', but the judge found the two men not guilty. As a result the £1.7m will now be returned to Platini.

Speaking outside the courtroom Blatter said: "I am a happy man. I also have to express thanks to the court and the way they analysed the situation.

"They have explained why both of us haven't done anything. I am convinced that in Switzerland we are still in a good organisation."

However, earlier he admitted that: "I am not innocent in my life, but in this case I am innocent."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami

Fraudsters Are Impersonating Our Operatives To Defraud Nigerians With Families Abroad - NDLEA Raises Alarm
Forum | 1 month ago

Fraudsters Are Impersonating Our Operatives To Defraud Nigerians With Families Abroad - NDLEA Raises Alarm

Photo Of Nigerian Businessman Jailed For N3.5m Fraud In Gombe
Forum | 2 months ago

Photo Of Nigerian Businessman Jailed For N3.5m Fraud In Gombe