My Son Did Not Commit The Crime - Father Of 20-year-old Man Sentenced To Death For Hom*sexuality In Bauchi

Forum 1 year ago

My Son Did Not Commit The Crime - Father Of 20-year-old Man Sentenced To Death For Hom*sexuality In Bauchi

The father of 20-year-old Kamilu Ya’u, who was handed a death sentence for hom*sexuality in Bauchi State has disclosed that his son is not guilty of the offence.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e06344f7b1a5c595ed3f0b7d7a53bd17.jpeg

Sharia Court in Ningi Local Government Area of the state had convicted and sentenced Ya'u, Abdullahi Abubakar Beti (30) and Malam Haruna (70) to death by stoning on June 29, 2022.

The Hisbah Vanguard informed the court that they were arrested for committing the offense of homosexuality at Gwada village, Ningi LGA.

Speaking to journalists in his home, Mal. Ya’u Isubu Gwada said that his son admitted to the offence under duress as he was being beaten.

He lamented that his family did not engage the services of a legal practitioner because they do not have the means of doing so.

"My son was not among those who committed the offence of homosexuality. It was later that those arrested and implicated him to be among them. He was then arrested and charged with them," he said.

Malam Gwada also claimed that his son was implicated because he was among the people that arrested the other two convicts.

"I am sure that it was because I participated in the arrest of the two people, they decided to implicate my son in order to get even with me."

A visibly worried Yau Isubu said that the family is doing everything humanly possible to see to it that their son was freed before the expiration of the 30 days grace for appeal given by the court.

He, however, called on civil and human rights organisations in the country to come to the aid of his son who is innocent of the offence considering that they do not have the financial strength to pursue an appeal in a higher court.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tragedy As Five Children Suffocate To Death Inside Packed Car In Niger State
Forum | 2 days ago

Tragedy As Five Children Suffocate To Death Inside Packed Car In Niger State

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 2 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others
Forum | 2 days ago

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others