Fulham in talks with Arsenal over Bernd Leno deal

Forum 1 year ago

Fulham in talks with Arsenal over Bernd Leno deal

Fulham have opened talks with Arsenal over the possible signing of goalkeeper Bernd Leno, 90min can confirm.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/99490fbc20821b9fe0442a86bb8feb59.jpg

The Cottagers are preparing for life back in the Premier League and have targeted a handful of sizeable signings. Midfielder Joao Palhinha has already moved to Craven Cottage from Sporting CP but there are plans to add a number of new faces, including a shot stopper.

Talks have been held with a number of goalkeepers and Fulham have long been in touch with Leno's representatives, who have publicly confirmed the negotiations over personal terms.

90min understands Leno has already struck a deal over a contract with Fulham, leaving the club to try and negotiate a fee with Arsenal.

Arsenal are ready to offload Leno this summer. The German lost his place in the starting lineup to Aaron Ramsdale last season, while United States international Matt Turner has been brought in this year as the number two, leaving Leno surplus to requirements.

Talks are on between the two clubs, with Arsenal looking for the best possible fee for the 30-year-old stopper, who has one year left on his contract.

Elsewhere, Fulham are pursuing a number of different deals. Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is expected to be the next new face at Craven Cottage, with an agreement close to completion.

West Ham centre-back Issa Diop is also on the radar, while a loan deal for winger Manor Solomon has also been agreed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice

EPL: We prefer Arsenal lose, they won’t drop points – Guardiola
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: We prefer Arsenal lose, they won’t drop points – Guardiola