Bruno Fernandes changes Man Utd shirt number

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Fernandes changes Man Utd shirt number

Manchester United have confirmed that midfielder Bruno Fernandes has been handed the number 8 shirt for the 2022/23 season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/aaa356435461e4d636250955dc04cc7e.jpg

Fernandes wore the 8 at former side Sporting CP but had to take 18 when he joined United in 2020 as his preferred number was taken by Juan Mata.

The Spaniard has since departed Old Trafford on a free transfer, leaving the number up for grabs, and Fernandes has laid claim to it once again.

The two players, who are close friends, have previously joked about Mata keeping the 8 shirt away from Fernandes, with the latter taking to Twitter last summer to joke that the Spaniard's new contract would deny him his favourite number for another 12 months.

Fernandes, who has the number 8 tattooed on his arm, was also born on 8 September and has worn that number on his shirt throughout his career.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances