Intruders Can Get Into Kuje Prison Easily – Ex-Military Officer Reveals

Forum 1 year ago

Intruders Can Get Into Kuje Prison Easily – Ex-Military Officer Reveals

A retired military officer and security expert, Group Captain Sadeeq Shehu has lamented after terrorists attacked Kuje prison and released some Boko Haram members.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/be94726e703ab51fbf6e78d4f4286f84.jpg

He added that it is easy for intruders to breach security at the nation’s foremost correctional center, Kuje prison.

Shehu also said he was happy to hear that President Muhammadu Buhari was disappointed after he visited Kuje prison.

Recall that hours after the incident, Buhari visited the scene where he expressed his disappointment with the intelligence at the facility.

Scores of terrorists suspected to be Boko Haram members, on Tuesday night, attacked Kuje prison with explosives and other dangerous weapons, freed all their members and other criminal elements.

The incident has continued to generate reactions from stakeholders who expressed shock at the level of security crisis in Nigeria.

However, speaking during his appearance on Channels Television’s Politics Today, on Wednesday, Shehu said, “I took time to go to Kuje prison for the first time today and I was noting the terrain and the access to the prison.

“As soon as you come to Kuje, the main prison itself, what strikes you is a neglected derelict building.

“The main gate which you’ll enter is so crowded with trees and overgrown shrubs that you can’t see ten metres ahead of you. My estimation is that if somebody with a bad plan wants to move on Kuje prison, nobody will know he’s approaching until he’s at the facility.”

He added, “I am happy to hear that the President said that he was disappointed.

“If the President had come the way I came, even the outer walls of the Kuje prison are too low for a prison perimeter wall. The barbed wire is against regulation; there are standards for how a security wall that is housing a prison should be.

“You should be talking about a wall that is 8–16 feet (outer) but by my estimation, what I saw was about 7ft maximum. You’re supposed to put three layers of barbed wire on top (of the fence) and the idea is to at least delay an attacker.”

“An intruder can get into that prison easily. First, the place is clustered and overgrown with grasses which will even give any attacker a cover, especially in the night to move inwards until where the inmates are kept. The requirement is that there should be two fences in a normal prison.

“Between these two (fences), you’re supposed to have a clear area so that when someone breaches the outer wall, there’s time to engage him before he gets to the main building; that killing zone doesn’t exist there.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 22 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 22 hours ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Moment Police Officer Arrested His Twin Brother In US
Forum | 1 day ago

Moment Police Officer Arrested His Twin Brother In US