Joan Laporta 'thanks' Robert Lewandowski for pushing to join Barcelona

Forum 1 year ago

Joan Laporta 'thanks' Robert Lewandowski for pushing to join Barcelona

Barcelona club president Joan Laporta has thanked Robert Lewandowski for putting public pressure on Bayern Munich in order to force a move to Camp Nou.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/48655f3d15b562dcf03afb2739213231.jpg

Lewandowski spent much of June talking to the media about his desire to start a fresh challenge away from Bayern and ideally at Barça.

Laporta has similarly been speaking publicly about transfers all summer long and is hopeful that Barcelona's latest offer to the Bavarians will be enough to reach an agreement for Lewandowski.

"We made an offer to FC Bayern to sign Lewandowski and we are waiting for their response, I hope their response is positive," Laporta said during the unveiling of summer signing Andreas Christensen.

"I want to thank Lewandowski here in public for what he is doing to join us."

90min reported last week that while Bayern are currently refusing to budge on their €60m valuation of Lewandowski, a fee of around €50m could be agreed if Barcelona are willing to compromise.

The Blaugrana previous offer was worth €40m, but European clubs are wary of doing deals with them involving staggered payments because of their precarious financial position.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Huntington: Ed Harris, Margaret Qualley Join Cast of Revenge Thriller
Forum | 12 hours ago

Huntington: Ed Harris, Margaret Qualley Join Cast of Revenge Thriller

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli