Tyrell Malacia reveals he spoke to Man Utd legend about the club

Forum 1 year ago

Tyrell Malacia reveals he spoke to Man Utd legend about the club

New Manchester United left-back Tyrell Malacia has admitted speaking to former Old Trafford hero Robin van Persie about the club ahead of completing a €17m move from Feyenoord.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9268d3e383285a6836ae9c89ad46ba56.jpg

Malacia, who is the first signing of the Erik ten Hag era, has also been in touch with fringe United winger Tahith Chong and has even been given pointers about his game from Dutch legend Edgar Davids during Netherlands team camps.

United have generally had a strong history of Dutch players over the years, with Van Persie following in the footsteps of Edwin van der Sar, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Jaap Stam.

"I have something to look up to because [other Dutch players] did great over here and I want to be part of that [list of] Dutch people who will be great," Malacia told ManUtd.com.

The 22-year-old was even a teammate of Van Persie’s at Feyenoord when the 2012/13 Premier League title winner returned to his boyhood club before calling time on his career.

"I played with Robin and spoke in the past with him about his experience in Manchester. He said they are the biggest club, and the feeling was good, and he loved it here," Malacia added.

"He knows a lot about football. He loves the game. I think he breathes the game, so when you talk with him there is so much passion about football, and I think that [carries] over to the other players."

Malacia has also spoken to United winger Tahith Chong about the club, with the pair having first met in the youth ranks at Feyenoord: "I always had contact with Tahith after he moved to England. It was always a good feeling here."

Although occupying a different position, it is Malaca’s tenacious style of play that has drawn comparisons with Davids, former of Ajax, Juventus, Barcelona and Inter.

"I spoke with [Davids] at the national team, and he said, ‘you’re not on my level yet but if you work with me and play football with me you will get there,’" Malacia revealed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 23 hours ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 1 day ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie