Barcelona officially confirm signing of Franck Kessie

Forum 1 year ago

Barcelona officially confirm signing of Franck Kessie

Barcelona have finally officially confirmed the signing of free agent midfielder Franck Kessie, with the player signing a contract which runs until 2026.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/876a45a8b375680580e1978e625cb356.jpg

Kessie finished up a five-season spell at Milan on a high recently, helping the club to its first Scudetto in over decade by scoring six league goals in 31 appearances. Speaking at the end of May to Canal+, Kessie thanked Milan and their fans:

“These have been five very important years where I really committed to the project.

“I am very happy for the city, the club, my fans, the coach, for me and my whole family. It is the last month of my contract here, but in these five years we were able to get back into the Champions League and win the Scudetto.

“I did what I was brought in for and I think this is the best way to say goodbye.”

Following the expiration of his contract at San Siro, Kessie was widely expected to join Barça this summer - something which has now been confirmed by the club.

Barcelona have added a €500m release clause to the Ivorian's contract, and the club will present Kessie on Wednesday 6th July.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
S.W.A.T. Season 8 Officially Ordered at CBS
Forum | 1 week ago

S.W.A.T. Season 8 Officially Ordered at CBS

CONFIRMED: Nollywood actor Junior Pope is still alive, rushed to Asaba hospital
Forum | 1 week ago

CONFIRMED: Nollywood actor Junior Pope is still alive, rushed to Asaba hospital

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story