Gabriel Jesus reveals Mikel Arteta influence in signing for Arsenal

Forum 1 year ago

Gabriel Jesus reveals Mikel Arteta influence in signing for Arsenal

Gabriel Jesus has admitted he is looking forward to working with Mikel Arteta again after signing for Arsenal, while he joins a long list of Gunners recruits in admitting that he adored club legend Thierry Henry as a youngster.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/10015d9d44feea86d92052a1450e37c4.jpg

Arsenal's new number nine joins for a deal worth roughly £45m and becomes their fourth signing of the summer, joining Marquinhos, Fabio Vieira and Matt Turner as the club's newest recruits.

Speaking to Arsenal's club channels, Jesus revealed that former Manchester City assistant coach Arteta played a key role in selling the project and convincing him to make the move to north London.

"We spoke a couple of times about the club, the players, the project and the future. I believe 100 per cent in Mikel. I had a very good time with him before, he’s a very good guy and a very good coach as well," Jesus said.

"He helped me a lot [at Manchester City]. We would always stick together after the training sessions and do some finishing or something. He’s a very intelligent guy and was an amazing player, so if he knows something he can teach me or the young players."

Jesus added that he appreciated Henry as a child and he is relishing the chance to play for another 'big club'.

"I followed Arsenal when I was young because of Henry. Obviously I didn’t follow too many European teams but when I saw some of the players that played here, I was like 'wow, this club is big'. When I played against Arsenal I was looking at the Emirates and it was a very good stadium, so I’m very excited to play here," he said.

"I’m so happy to sign for this big club. Since day one when I knew I could come to play for Arsenal, I was happy. I know the staff, I know some players, the Brazilian ones. I know there are a lot of top players. They are young and I’m still young as well, so I am so happy to be here to help. I come to help, to learn as well and to try to do my best."

During his unveiling on social media, Jesus added: "Football, to me, is art. I want to play somewhere where I can express myself with a team that want to play the beautiful game, embracing the spirit of Brazilian football.

"I want to make people happy, and that's why I'm here. Let's make some memories."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 5 hours ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova
Forum | 9 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On
Forum | 19 hours ago

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label