Emilia Clarke Discusses Potential Game of Thrones Spin-off Series Based on Daenerys

Forum 1 year ago

Emilia Clarke Discusses Potential Game of Thrones Spin-off Series Based on Daenerys

With a Game of Thrones sequel series starring Jon Snow already in development, fans are wondering whether or not other stars may be looking to return. For Emilia Clarke, though, the past is now officially behind her.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8ffb4e4671ab7a2ae127746283b97529.jpg

“No. I think I’m done,” Clarke said in an interview with the BBC when she was asked if she’d ever think about returning for a potential spin-off series starring Daenerys Targaryen.

Of course, Clarke’s Dany Targaryen met her end in the final season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, making any potential spin-off series tough to accomplish. Also in the interview, Clarke spoke about her now iconic role, and what it means for her future career.

“I’m profoundly aware of the fact that there will be people who love Game of Thrones and are seeing it for that,” said Clarke of her new role in Anton Chekov’s The Seagull in London’s West End. “Hopefully they’ll come and go, ‘We just came to see the Mother of Dragons, oh how frustrating, she’s not on a dragon, this isn’t what I paid for.’ Spoiler: I’m not on a dragon at any point during this play, but hopefully what they get, as a kind of little extra, is that they get to enjoy this play that they might not have seen otherwise.”

Game of Thrones‘ next series, the prequel House of the Dragon, chronicles the rise and the downfall of the Targaryens, who are the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria. It will take place 300 years before the events of the award-winning series adaptation of Game of Thrones, which aired its final episode nearly two years ago.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason
Forum | 23 hours ago

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast
Forum | 2 days ago

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis
Forum | 4 days ago

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis