Sven Botman pens goodbye message to Lille ahead of Newcastle move

Forum 1 year ago

Sven Botman pens goodbye message to Lille ahead of Newcastle move

Sven Botman has penned a goodbye message to Lille as the centre-back prepares to complete his transfer to Newcastle United.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bf5076e4ceff247c58ba7a32e4aae94f.jpg

The Dutchman underwent a medical on Monday and is now set to be announced as a Newcastle player. The 22-year-old has been a target for the Magpies since the Saudi-backed takeover of the club last year.

The Tynesiders are expected to part with around £40m to land the Netherlands international.

Botman has now all but confirmed his imminent move by taking to social media for the customary farewell post to his soon-to-be former club.

The defender wrote: "Really grateful that I've worn the LOSC badge for two years, it has been an incredible journey with two big trophies and memories I will never forget.

"Merci LOSC pour tous! [Thank you Lille for everything!]"

The message was shared alongside a video montage of his time at the northern French club.

Botman becomes Newcastle's second major signing in a matter of days following the arrival of goalkeeper Nick Pope from Burnley.

Full-back Matt Targett has also signed on a permanent basis following a successful loan during the second half of last season.

Manager Eddie Howe is looking for more signings as well and hopes to bolster in attack, although the club has ended its interest in Reims striker Hugo Ekitike.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pain Has Made Me Stronger - Yul Edochie Pens Cryptic Note
Forum | 2 days ago

Pain Has Made Me Stronger - Yul Edochie Pens Cryptic Note

I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Coming For You - Odumeje Sends Strong Message To Poco Lee

NDLEA Has Sent Message To Drug Cartels With 50,901 Arrests, 9,034 Convictions – Marwa
Forum | 2 days ago

NDLEA Has Sent Message To Drug Cartels With 50,901 Arrests, 9,034 Convictions – Marwa

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash