The Great Sphinx - Africa's Greatest Historical Monument

Forum 1 year ago

The Great Sphinx - Africa's Greatest Historical Monument

THE GREAT SPHINX - CONSTRUCTION DATE: UNKNOWN - PRE-HISTORY. Estimates range from 5,000 to 12,000 years ago!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ff/9e/b7/ff9eb70f11f17bcff350aea54f43846e.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f9/5d/d2/f95dd2b4905b323e68d1ab99ae00cd34.jpg

''On seeing that head, typically Negro in all its features, I remembered the remarkable passage where Herodotus says: 'As for me, I judge the Colchians to be a colony of the Egyptians because, like them, they are black with woolly hair...''

"...Though its proportions are colossal, the outline is pure and graceful; the expression of the head is mild, gracious, and tranquil; the character is African, but the mouth, and lips of which are thick, has a softness and delicacy of execution truly admirable; it seems real life and flesh. Art must have been at a high pitch when this monument was executed.''

"When I visited the Sphinx, I could not help thinking that the figure of that monster furnished the true solution to the enigma (of how the modern Egyptians came to have their 'mulatto' appearance)

"In other words, the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native-born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood, mixed for several centuries with that of the Greeks and Romans, must have lost the intensity of its original color, while retaining nonetheless the imprint of its original mold.''

- Count Constantine de Volney -- a French nobleman, philosopher, historian, orientalist, and politician, 1787.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Burna Boy Is One Of The Greatest Music Icons - Tuface
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Burna Boy Is One Of The Greatest Music Icons - Tuface

African Games 2023 medal ranking: Egypt tops list, Nigeria ahead of Ghana, other countries
Forum | 4 weeks ago

African Games 2023 medal ranking: Egypt tops list, Nigeria ahead of Ghana, other countries

Mbappe vs Haaland: He’s great – Real Madrid midfielder picks between both attackers
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Mbappe vs Haaland: He’s great – Real Madrid midfielder picks between both attackers

African Games 2023: Falconets pip Uganda 2-0 to seal final spot
Forum | 1 month ago

African Games 2023: Falconets pip Uganda 2-0 to seal final spot