Ajax manager discusses futures of Antony & Jurrien Timber

Forum 1 year ago

Ajax manager discusses futures of Antony & Jurrien Timber

New Ajax manager Alfred Schreuder is hopeful that star players Jurrien Timber and Antony will remain with the club amid strong transfer interest from England.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1bd55db6ec07b6168ba8c92ce2054e3a.jpg

The duo are both wanted by former boss Erik ten Hag at Manchester United, while 90min reported earlier this week that Chelsea have held talks with the representatives of Antony.

However, Schreuder told ESPN that he is wary of the interest in the pair but would like for both of them to stay in Amsterdam, joking that Ten Hag in particular should leave his former club alone.

"Erik knows that he should not buy players from Ajax! No, that is a joke. You never know in football. But it is not important to me to talk about Erik or United. We have to talk about Ajax and we know that we are a very big and strong club," he said.

When discussing Timber, Schreuder added: "I think this boy is very smart. He knows very well what is good for himself to develop. And I think he is not done at Ajax yet.

"As I spoke to him, he knows very well what he is doing and if you also see him play in the Dutch national team and play at Ajax, that makes you happy. I hope so and I assume that [he will stay]."

On Antony, he said: "Clearly we want to keep that boy. He has a contract until 2025. But I'm not about [the contract]. I'm about the lineup. And I really want to work with him, he knows that and the club knows that too."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 6 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 1 week ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

Tom Hiddleston’s The Night Manager Returning for 2 More Seasons
Forum | 1 week ago

Tom Hiddleston’s The Night Manager Returning for 2 More Seasons

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Absolutely exceptional’ – Michael Owen reveals best football manager on planet