We Will Go Wherever Wike Goes, Ekiti PDP Vows

Forum 1 year ago

We Will Go Wherever Wike Goes, Ekiti PDP Vows

The Ekiti State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has vowed to support any action taken by the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, over the ill-treatment meted on him by some forces within the party.

In a letter titled "
THANK YOU GOVERNOR NYESOM WIKE. ON YOUR MANDATE WE STAND", signed by some prominient members of the party and published in a national newspaper, the Ekiti PDP appreciated Wike's support for the party, "despite the conspiracy against him and former Governor of Ekiti, Ayodele Fayose."

"Our leader and benefactor, this short note is nothing but appreciation for your support to our party in Ekiti, our leader Ayo Fayose and his followers. You stood so firmly with us, depsite the conspiracy against you and our leader.

"
You came through so strongly for us. Even when for reasons best known to them, those in charge failed in their responsibility (details for another day), you never did.

"
Notwithstanding the outcome, you were still there to show concern as a statesman and a party man that you are.

"
Having found this immeasurable and exemplary leadership in you, we will remain with you in this struggle.

"
Wherever you go, we will go. Whatever you do, we will support.

"
We are not mindful of the fact that our support for your legitimate aspiration, based on the principle of rotational presidency, is not unconnected with the conspiracies against yourself and our leader. We however wish to state that we will continue to champion very strongly, whatever decision you take publicly without apologies.

"We will respond strongly and decisively to any attempt at undermining or disrespecting your person and leadership. We will not beg for relevance with them.

"Most importantly, nobody should act as if the election has been won. They may wish away Ekiti votes but may not wish away the voices of Governor Wike and Fayose," the letter read.

ThisNigeria reported that Governor Wike was conspired against by some "vociferous forces" within the party who claimed that he would be "uncontrollable" as the vice president.

Meanwhile, Fayose, the PDP candidate in the just-concluded guber election in Ekiti,
Otunba Olabisi Kolawole paid a visit to Wike in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

This is following visits from Labour Party Presidential candidate,
Peter Obi; Bauchi Governor, Bala Mohammed and his Ebonyi counterpart, Dave Umahi.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC
Forum | 4 days ago

PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 5 days ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

Fubara, Not Wike Is The New Political Leader Of Rivers State - Odili
Forum | 6 days ago

Fubara, Not Wike Is The New Political Leader Of Rivers State - Odili

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi