I’m Not Under House Arrest – Kwankwaso

Forum 8 years ago

I’m Not Under House Arrest – Kwankwaso

Former Kano State governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, yesterday denied the report in a section of the media that he was being placed under house arrest by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Kwankwaso, now representing Kano Central senatorial district at the National Assembly, said in a statement that he was neither invited by the EFCC nor was ever prevented from discharging his legislative duties by any agency.

The statement, signed by his private secretary, Muhammad Inuwa Ali, however, noted that some political detractors of the politician were bent on causing a rift between him and the anti-corruption agency.

It noted that sometimes in 2015, some political opponents of Kwankwaso wrote a petition against him to the EFCC.

It noted that the ex-governor’s supporters sought his permission to institute legal action against the said petitioners, to which he consented.

It noted however, that to Kwankwaso’s surprise, “the supporters and their lawyers instituted an action against the EFCC instead of restricting the case to be against the petitioners (our political opponents).
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 3 hours ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others
Forum | 21 hours ago

Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello
Forum | 23 hours ago