FC Barcelona confirm Lucy Bronze signing

Forum 1 year ago

FC Barcelona confirm Lucy Bronze signing

FC Barcelona have announced the signing of Lucy Bronze following her Manchester City departure.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e9363eb99cbf267fc36b66aa46299632.jpg

Last month, Bronze confirmed that she would be bringing her second spell at the Academy Stadium to a close following the expiration of her contract on 30 June.

The defender had been tipped to return to the NWSL with Angel City FC or San Diego Wave, but in the end she has opted to move to Spanish champions Barça, signing a two-year contract in Catalunya.

"I'm very happy to play for a club like FC Barcelona, ​​one of the biggest teams in the world. I really want to start working with the team," she said.

"After a couple of conversations, you can't say no to Barça."

Bronze made 31 WSL appearances over the past two seasons for City, with her availability occasionally limited by injuries. She is currently with the England squad preparing for Euro 2022 on home soil this summer.

Bronze is not the only high-profile player to have departed City this summer with Georgia Stanway signing for Bayern Munich, while Jill Scott and Caroline Weir walked away following the expiration of their contracts.

City have already began signing their replacements though, with Leila Ouahabi arriving from Barcelona in the other direction. Deyna Castellanos and Laia Alexandri have also been recruited from Atletico Madrid.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 4 hours ago Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 5 hours ago

SPORT 4 hours ago Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 6 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date
Forum | 1 week ago

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date