Granit Xhaka booking vs Leeds referred to National Crime Agency

Forum 1 year ago

Granit Xhaka booking vs Leeds referred to National Crime Agency

An investigation into Granit Xhaka's yellow card in the latter stages of Arsenal's 4-1 win at Leeds United back in December has been referred to the National Crime Agency.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8b4b11709c1aeaf5dec1255da5ce3cb6.jpg

The Switzerland midfielder received a booking with minutes of the game remaining for delaying the taking of a free-kick.

However, a suspicious betting pattern regarding the booking emerged and the FA held a six-month long investigation into it. The Daily Mail report that the case is now being referred to the National Crime Agency.

With under ten minutes of the game remaining and Arsenal about to go 4-1 up through Emile Smith Rowe, an unusually large bet of £52,000 was placed on Xhaka to pick up a caution. Indeed, referee Andre Marriner would book the midfielder for time wasting in the 86th minute. The person who placed the bet received a payout of roughly £250,000.

The vast sums of money involved in these wagers - which were placed on a betting exchange - alerted the FA, as well as the fact Xhaka's odds of being booked strangely spiked in the final 10 minutes of the match.

However, the Mail add that there is currently no suggestion that Xhaka or any his Arsenal teammates are guilty of any wrongdoing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 1 day ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 6 days ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam