Tobin Heath signs for OL Reign

Forum 1 year ago

Tobin Heath signs for OL Reign

Tobin Heath will join NWSL’s OL Reign for the remainder of the 2022 season, with the option to extend through 2023.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5191d9be34cc73837196be9851f6f84e.jpg

The USWNT star arrives after the Seattle side traded their second round pick in the 2023 NWSL draft, natural fourth round pick and $50,000 in allocation money to Racing Louisville in exchange for her playing rights.

Though Heath never featured for Louisville, the team selected her playing rights from the Thorns during the 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft.

"This is a very special time for our club as we add another excellent player to our squad. Tobin has an incredible mindset and a rich history in the NWSL, and has a proven ability to change the game," said OL Reign head coach Laura Harvey.

"Tobin's ability to create and finish chances adds something unique, that I believe will help elevate our group. Tobin's experience playing in the league will be a valuable asset for our group."

Heath makes her move to the OL Reign after a brief stint with England’s Arsenal. She recorded a total of 18 appearances and three goals before picking up a season-ending hamstring injury in April that prompted her and Arsenal to mutually agree to terminate her contract early.

The NWSL would be nothing new for Heath, who spent 2013 to 2020 with the Portland Thorns and led the Oregon side to lift two league championship titles. She also played for the New York Fury and Sky Blue FC before the NWSL kicked off.

"Couldn't be more thrilled to play alongside the world class players here, for Laura Harvey as my coach, and in front of the amazing community of supporters," Heath said after her move to OL Reign. "We're all eager to win a title, and I'm hopeful I can help OL Reign achieve that goal."

The Reign returns to action on Saturday when hosting Angel City FC at Lumen Field.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

I’m Absorbing Insults, Tantrums Thrown At Me For Peace To Reign - Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Absorbing Insults, Tantrums Thrown At Me For Peace To Reign - Gov Fubara

BREAKING: President Tinubu Signs National Student Loan Amendment Bill Into Law
Forum | 3 weeks ago

BREAKING: President Tinubu Signs National Student Loan Amendment Bill Into Law