Stinginess!! My Husband Goes To Market To Buy Foodstuff Himself – Wife Tells Court

Forum 8 years ago

Stinginess!! My Husband Goes To Market To Buy Foodstuff Himself – Wife Tells Court

My husband is stingy, he does not give me money for food, he goes to market to buy foodstuff himself, a 32-year-old woman, Mrs Cythian Igwe told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos.

The petitioner urged the court to dissolve her six-year-old marriage to Emmanuel Igwe, whom she described as tight-fisted.

“My husband is stingy and selfish, he has never given me money to go to the market to buy foodstuff; he will rather go himself and give me the foodstuff to cook,’’ she alleged.

Cynthia accused her husband of excessive drinking which she said made him to behave abnormally.

“Emmanuel drinks a lot and after getting drunk, he will start to destroy our property or beat the children for no just cause, there was a time he used my son to play football.

“There was also a day he came home drunk with one of his girlfriend’s, immediately I opened the door, he grabbed my clothes and tore it into pieces, he and his girlfriend started beating me.

“I shouted for help and if not for the quick intervention of our neighbours, I would have been dead by now,’’ the applicant told the court.

The mother of three said she was often embarrassed in public because of his drinking habits.

She said he once appeared in her church half Unclad with a bottle of beer and a cigarette.

According to her, Emmanuel forcefully sent her packing out of their matrimonial home by hiring a truck to convey all her belongings to her sister’s house.

She begged the court to dissolve the union because she did not love him again and could no longer cope and that her life was in danger.

However, Emmanuel, 34, a maritime worker, denied all the allegations.

He said that it was his wife’s prophetess that gave him beer to drink that he did not come to his wife’s church to embarrass her.

“It was my wife’s prophetess that `sow’ a bottle of beer into my life and I drank it and gave thanks to God,’’ he said.

The respondent said that Cynthia was a nagging woman and that she always disobey his orders.

Emmaunel also denied being a drunk and a wife-beater, saying he was a moderate drinker.

He said that his wife packed out of the house herself that he was not the one that sent her packing.

He, however, said he was fed up with the marriage and told the court to grant his wife’s request.

Mr Hakeem Oyekan, the President of the court adjourned the case till July 13 for judgment. (NAN)

[ads4]
Source: Leadership

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 16 hours ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello