Umahi Hails Level Of Conviviality Among APC Presidential Aspirants

Forum 1 year ago

Umahi Hails Level Of Conviviality Among APC Presidential Aspirants

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi has hailed the level of conviviality currently existing between the presidential aspirants of the All Progressive Congress (APC) ahead of its primary.

Umahi made the commendation in a statement issued by his presidential media team, noting that it showed the party has come of age.

The governor in the statement, said that the development spoke volume of the level of discipline pervading the party and which portends good tidings for it.

"
This is the first time I am seeing aspirants looking for one thing and not castigating themselves.

"They are instead talking well of themselves and it shows that we are really from the same mother and father
," the statement read.

Umahi in the statement, said that such conviviality was as a result of President Buhari's fatherly disposition and belief in the harmonious existence of all.

"I had always said it even when I was in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that if you know Buhari very well, you will know that he is a good man.

"He is being hurt by enemies but will not cast anyone and he is definitely an extraordinary president.

"As I have said before, even though the south east needs the presidency badly, I will stand on whatever is Buhari's decision on the issue.

The governor maintained in the statement that if the presidency issue did not favour him, he will continue supporting its outcome.

"I will not fight it because power comes from God, he sees the nitty gritty of the heart of men.

"He knows who is destined to take the nation where it is supposed to be
,".

Umahi has had several meetings with other aspirants and stakeholders on the need to support whoever emerges the candidate and keep the party united.

During the meeting with Senate President,Ahmed Lawan, the senate president sought the governor's collaboration in ensuring the party moves on despite the outcome of the primary.

"I seek your support for me or who ever emerges the party's candidate as it should be united to win the 2023 elections.

"To the glory of God, the APC is the largest party in the country and today, controls the presidency, national assembly, many states among others.

"It is our wish that such trend continues beyond 2023 to sustain the legacies of the present administration and continue delivering the dividends of democracy to the people.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC
Forum | 20 hours ago

Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC's Salihu Lukman

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 4 days ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 4 days ago

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje