Asiwaju Tinubu Was Warned By Buhari's Own People Against Backing Buhari In 2015

Forum 1 year ago

Asiwaju Tinubu Was Warned By Buhari's Own People Against Backing Buhari In 2015

Former Lagos State governor and the national leader of the All Progressive Congress, Asiwaju Tinubu has been trending on social media over his recent address to the South West delegates ahead of the party's primaries scheduled for Monday next week.

Asiwaju was quoted to have said that he made Buhari the president when hope was lost for him.

Speaking with Journalists' Hangout on the current development, former Governor of Borno State and Director-General of Tinubu Campaign, Senator Kashim Shettima speaks with Journalists' Hangout revealed that Buhari was opposed even by his own people.

According to Kashim, some prominent northern elites came to Tinubu to warn him against backing Buhari's ambition.

"A foremost traditional ruler from The North, Met Asiwaju Tinubu and Told Him Not To Support Buhari in our own name because Buhari is not for us." Shettima said.

"Subsequently a group of retired army generals approached Asiwaju Tinubu and Told him that don't support Buhari in our name, we are not with Buhari.

A group of intellectual from northern establishment led by a professor approached Asiwaju Tinubu that we are not with Buhari and he should not support him in our own name.

Even some from Katsina came to him and told him look, Buhari is from this state, he is one of us but we are not with him. But against all our Asiwaju stood by the president" the governor disclosed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 21 hours ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti