Photos: Hoodlums In Maryland Destroy BRT Buses, After Hawker Gets Knocked Down

Forum 7 years ago

Photos: Hoodlums In Maryland Destroy BRT Buses, After Hawker Gets Knocked Down

So many BRT buses were today destroyed after one of them knocked down a hawker trying to evade KAI officials. The hoodlums shortly after seeing what happened descended on BRT buses in sight and destroyed many of them.

Below is a narrative given to NAN by two of the BRT drivers.

One of the drivers said; "I was in traffic for about 20 minutes at Maryland. Then I saw some people running from Maryland and I opened the door to see what was happening. I heard shouts from people that we should come down, so, I immediately removed my uniform.
"I saw about 100 of the hoodlums otherwise called `area boys' coming with stones and so I ran away. All the passengers on board my bus also came down and ran for their life. I was hit by a big stone''.

Another driver, Mr Michael Onabolu, said: "I saw people running and shouting that I should come down from the bus.
"And all of a sudden, I saw some guys surrounding the buses and asking my passengers and I to come down.
"Before I knew it, one of them hit the bus with a big stone and I could not move because of the traffic. I was wounded on my hands and my tights with stones."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Pitch Perfect 4 Gets Promising Update From Rebel Wilson
Forum | 8 hours ago

Pitch Perfect 4 Gets Promising Update From Rebel Wilson

Colleen Hoover Gets Another Movie Adaptation Following It Ends With Us
Forum | 8 hours ago

Colleen Hoover Gets Another Movie Adaptation Following It Ends With Us

Masters of the Universe Movie Gets 2026 Release Date
Forum | 8 hours ago

Masters of the Universe Movie Gets 2026 Release Date

Ex-Presidential Candidate, Moghalu’s Wife Knocked For Asking Investors To Stay Away From Lagos
Forum | 11 hours ago

Ex-Presidential Candidate, Moghalu’s Wife Knocked For Asking Investors To Stay Away From Lagos