Loki Director Kate Herron Reveals Why She Didn't Return for Season 2

Forum 1 year ago

Loki Director Kate Herron Reveals Why She Didn't Return for Season 2

When Disney’s Loki series returns for its second season in the future, it’ll do so without director Kate Herron, who is stepping away from the series after its first season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/31f1a07b27edc8b4dfa4336df67277cf.jpg

“I was on the show for like three years in total,” Herron said in a recent interview with Variety. “I just felt like I poured everything into it. It’s almost like a campfire story that every filmmaker kind of brings their take and their perspective. I just felt like I gave so much to this. I was like, ‘You know what, I feel like this was my effort for Loki. I felt like having someone new and with fresh eyes — that, for me, is what will make a good season.”

Herron also briefly touched on wrapping the first season, a moment that she said included everyone standing around on set of The Citadel at the End of Time and crying, as well as a speech from star Tom Hiddleston.

“We all went into the office of the Citadel and stood in a circle. Everyone was crying because we couldn’t believe it was over,” said Herron. “Tom did a beautiful speech, and because he’s such a gem, he thanked everyone individually.”

While we don’t know much about the upcoming second season of Loki, writer Michael Waldron — who served as head writer on Loki and as a writer on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — told Deadline earlier this month that the team behind the series had found “new emotional ground to cover.” Production is set to start on the second season soon.

Season 2 of Loki isn’t expected to air until early 2023. It’s currently unknown exactly what the season will address, especially following the chaotic end of the first series, which set up Kang as one of the bigger villains in the overarching Marvel Cinematic Universe while seemingly transporting Loki into a different universe entirely.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 3 hours ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 3 hours ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 6 hours ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast
Forum | 8 hours ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast