How 14 Internet Fraudsters Landed In Jail For Cybercrime In Enugu

Forum 1 year ago

How 14 Internet Fraudsters Landed In Jail For Cybercrime In Enugu

Anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has secured the conviction of 14 internet fraudsters in Enugu.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5f6c53c5e816554085b69f9085d60916.jpg

They were arraigned before Justice I. M. Buba of the Federal High Court in Enugu for obtaining by false pretences and cybercrime.

Their identities are Ogboru Celdric Mundiaga, Madukwu Chidiebere, Diyoke Solomon, John Odedekuma, Abu Taiwo, Nwafor Benjamin.

Others include John Kayode, Nwafor Clinton Chetachi, Ezeani Chibueze Paul and Olisaemeka Goodsuccess Udochukwu.

The rest: Nwaeze Obinna Bright, James Amazor, Adams Nengi, Nwonye Chukwura Andrew and Esievoadje Isaac.

Some impersonated different persons to defraud their victims through fake Hangout, WhatsApp, Messenger and Facebook accounts.

Their offences were contrary to Section 22(2)(b)(i) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Act, 2015 and punishable under Section 22(2)(b) of the same Act.

All 14 pleaded guilty to the charges preferred against them by the EFCC.

Justice Buba sentenced the convicts to one-year imprisonment with an option of a N1 million fine each.

The devices and other property seized from them would be auctioned and the proceeds paid into the Treasury Single Account (TSA) of the Federal Government.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo
Forum | 5 days ago

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo

Enugu To Give Mr Ibu And Junior Pope ‘Befitting’ Burial
Forum | 6 days ago

Enugu To Give Mr Ibu And Junior Pope ‘Befitting’ Burial

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market