2023: Buhari has prepared me for task ahead – Osinbajo tells Lagos delegates

Forum 1 year ago

2023: Buhari has prepared me for task ahead – Osinbajo tells Lagos delegates

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, Wednesday, said that his principal, President Muhammadu Buhari has exposed him on his to govern a complex country like Nigeria.

The Vice President made the remarks at the grandfinale of his consultations with stakeholders and delegates of the All Progressives Congress, APC, across the country, held at Ikeja, Lagos ahead of the party’s presidential primaries.

Lagos deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, led other dignitaries in the entourage of the Vice President.

The party faithful who were apparently elated showed their admiration and support for Osinbajo and his presidential aspiration.

Speaking to the large crowd, he explained why he decided to vie for the post of President, saying, “My decision to run for president is on account of the fact that first, I desire deeply to serve this country, to serve the people of this country, especially the man on the street, the common man.

“My desire is to serve this country truthfully, very honestly and transparently; to take this country to the best possible place.”

Osinbajo continued: “I’m not here to campaign but to celebrate with my people in Lagos. We will certainly get to a new Nigeria. Buhari has exposed me to governing a complex country like Nigeria.

“The truth is that God has not made a mistake, the reason God has given me the opportunity to serve is because a time will come when our country will need new leadership. That time has come.

“I’m sure, everyone knows that if you have seven years of experience you will be better than those without experience.

So, by the grace of God, I will achieve the aim of bringing about a new Nigeria.

We can only see achieve it if we back it up with our votes begining from this Sunday at the primaries.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges
Forum | 22 hours ago

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge