Young Mum Suffers Condition Which Makes Her Addicted To Eating Talcum Powder

Forum 7 years ago

Young Mum Suffers Condition Which Makes Her Addicted To Eating Talcum Powder

A woman who is addicted to eating talcum powder revealed her near decade-long habit has seen her consume 31 STONE worth.

Lizzie Foster first began to experience the bizarre urges whilst expecting her daughter Ruby. She thought the cravings would disappear after her pregnancy, but following the birth she continued to devour it.

She now gets through a 500g tub every week and has spent a total of £800 satisfying her cravings. Over the course of her addiction , the 25-year-old has consumed over 400 containers, which adds up to around 200,000 grams of powder.

“I eat it all the time. I have it for breakfast and while I’m sat watching TV,” she said.
“When I go to work, I carry a tub of it in my bag to have as a snack.”

Lizzie’s cravings first struck around seven months into her pregnancy with her now eight-year-old daughter.

She continued: “I loved the smell of it and thought, ‘I wonder if it tastes good.’

“I thought it was an odd craving to have, and I was a bit freaked out at first, but I poured some on my palm and I liked it.

“It tasted soapy and I kept on eating it.

“I think I was lacking something in my food, which I got from the powder.

“They say cravings during pregnancy are to do with a vitamin D or iron deficiency.

“I didn’t worry about if the powder would harm my baby when I was pregnant with Ruby. I was young and naïve.”

After giving birth, Lizzie continued to enjoy talcum powder as a snack.

She continued: “When I was pregnant I didn’t think it was harmful to my baby.

“But recently I’ve been coughing a bit and I’ve had stomach cramps. I wonder if it’s linked to the talcum powder or something else.

“I’ve looked it up to see if it’s harmful and it says it could be to the lungs and now I’m tempted to ask my doctor.

“I’ve not tried to break my addiction but if I found out if was bad for me I would stop.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party
Forum | 5 days ago

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 5 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 1 week ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode