Alleged Fraud: Court Orders Ademola Adebise MD- WEMA Bank To Appear Before It

Forum 1 year ago

Alleged Fraud: Court Orders Ademola Adebise MD- WEMA Bank To Appear Before It

As fraudulent controversies continues to trail the Managing Director of Wema Bank, Ademola Adebise, an FCT Magistrate Court has ordered the former to appear before it on Friday,the 27th day of May 2022.

According to the court residing in Zone Six- Abuja, Adebise is to appear before the Chief Magistrate to answer to allegations bothering on series of subterfuge and fraudulent activities which includes issuing of bad bank drafts amounting to 50 Million Naira, forging of fake account details and bank statements purportedly owned by the Bayelsa State government, as well as forgery of fake court proceedings.

The complainant,
Barrister George Halliday speaking to newsmen on Tuesday, alleged that Adebise,after issuing bounced drafts of over 50 million naira, went on to forge documents which he presented before the court.

Halliday, disclosed that he had approached the FCT High Court, Maitama to demand compensation over an encroachment made on his property by the Bayelsa State government. Being the official bank of the State government, Barrister Halliday approached Wema bank PLC to effect the N50 Million Naira court judgment payment in his favour, only to be told that the drafts could not be lodged, because it bounced as the government's account had no money at all in it.

He further disclosed that the bank started with series of intimidation, threats to life after he refused to settle for a 10 Million Naira option to drop the case and walk away.

Meanwhile, this is not the first time, the accused has been fingered in cases bothering on fraud, as report gathered revealed that a group had in January 2022, urged CBN to dismiss him for grossly abusing his office as CEO of Wema Bank and contravening several extant regulations of the CBN.

The matter was however adjourned to 27th May, 2022 for further hearing.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/15481636_images1_jpeg_jpeg209edec6a4f898efcdc7a52d90b407e7

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 1 hour ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 hours ago

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 hours ago

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 hours ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC