Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara

Forum 1 year ago

Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara

Rivers 2023: Will Gov. Wike, an advocate of democracy who fights against consensus at national impose candidate in Rivers State?

Stephen Wobo writes from Port Harcourt.

There's a serious remonstrance in Rivers PDP on Monday when the unofficial news that Gov Nyesom Wike has anointed Sim Fubara as the PDP gubernatorial candidate to succeed him as the next governor of Rivers State.

The news shocked over 75% of Rivers State PDP stakeholders as the state PDP went sober.

Gov Nyesom Wike who is also among the presidential aspirants under the platform of PDP is known to be a proactive advocate of democracy and doesn't support consensus candidate at the national.
Gov Wike is known to fight against imposition of candidate(s) or 'forced consensus' at people both at state and the national level.

So, will the person who advocates against the imposition of candidate now be the one to champion imposition of candidate in his state?

In December 2021, Gov Nyesom Wike vowed never to impose any candidate on Rivers people.
So, is Gov Wike, an advocate of democracy now going against his words?

Maybe no! Maybe he's trying to test the royalty of the aspirants to the party as some believe.
But is it the best way to test the royalty, absolutely no! So it can't be a test.

PDP people from Kalabari are still in shock and in dismay over the unofficial news;
saying how can such meeting that deny their sons gubernatorial ticket be held at their elder's house, Hon. Ferdinand Alabraba house and he didn't counter it, asking if the elder statesman is against the Kalabari progress of being the Governor of Rivers State?

People from the Riverine community in Rivers State have been clamouring for Riverine governor (Tammy Danagogo and Dax Goerge Kelly) but find it difficult to accept the candidature of Sim Fubara whom Gov. Wike anointed with this unofficial statement going viral:
"I will be giving the PDP Gubernatorial ticket to Sim Fubara, if you are not comfortable, challenge me".

Every action has its reaction, if Gov Wike has taken such decision to annoint unpopular candidate, definitely other aspirants and the people will react to it.

It was gathered that all the aspirants walked out of the meeting without a word.
Will the other 16 gubernatorial aspirants defect to other parties or stay to work with Sim Fubara?
That will be a talk of another day.

Sim Fubara is one of the 17 Rivers state aspirants screened by the PDP Screening Committee.
He is from Opobo/Nkoro LGA in Rivers State.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 2 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa