Tottenham Champions League qualification among biggest career achievements - Conte

Forum 1 year ago

Tottenham Champions League qualification among biggest career achievements - Conte

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte says clinching Champions League qualification is among his biggest career achievements.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/df3b0f6de2ee46dd7af981a4fdcfeb5a.jpeg

A 5-0 win against Norwich on the final day of the season was enough to see off Arsenal and book a Champions League place, something Conte described as good as winning silverware.

Speaking at Carrow Road, Conte said: "I always said at the end of the season, we will speak with the club and find the best solution for me and the club.

"Now for me, the club and the players it's good to have three, four, five days of rest.

"Then with the mind clear, you can consider the whole season. You have to be calm before you talk.

"There is a lot of emotion in my mind, my heart now. For this reason, it would be good to rest for four or five days, meet the club and find the best possible solution."

He added: "It was a perfect day for us. We got a place in the Champions League. For a club like Tottenham to play Champions League is a great opportunity.

"It was not easy because in England the league is very difficult. There are many top teams. To get a place in the Champions League means we did something excellent.

"I was very clear with my players and the media. I said now I feel we are ready and can fight until the end. It was the perfect moment. The players know very well our schedule."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 week ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman