Orlando gunman's current wife drove him to Pulse Nightclub to "scope it out" and tried to talk him out of the attack

Forum 7 years ago

Orlando gunman's current wife drove him to Pulse Nightclub to "scope it out" and tried to talk him out of the attack

Noor Zahi Salman, the second and current wife of Orlando gunman Omar Mateen, might face criminal charges for failing to disclose vital information about her husband's plans for the Pulse nightclub shooting that left at least 50 dead and 53 others injured.
According to NBC, Noor told federal agents she was with Mateen when he bought ammunition and a holster, and once drove him to Pulse nightclub "because he wanted to scope it out." She also claimed that she tried to talk her husband out of carrying out the attack.

Mateen opened fire at Pulse early Sunday morning, leaving 50 dead and 53 injured. Twenty-seven victims remained hospitalized on Tuesday. Six were in critical condition, according to hospital officials who said the death toll was still at risk of rising because one or two of the patients were "profoundly ill"

Authorities are considering filing criminal charges against Noor for failing to tell them what she knew before the attack, law enforcement officials say, but no decision has been made. She is cooperating with investigators.

Mateen, 29, was born in New York to Afghan immigrants. He was married twice, and was the father of a 3-year-old boy.

Source: NBC

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 14 hours ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 20 hours ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 2 days ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun