Tragedy! Angry Teacher Stabs His Headmaster and Deputy Head After Argument in School

Forum 7 years ago

Tragedy! Angry Teacher Stabs His Headmaster and Deputy Head After Argument in School

An irate teacher stabbed his headmaster, deputy headmaster and another teacher following a heated argument in the staffroom, forcing the school to temporarily close.

The teacher identified as Simbarashe Mazodze of Maparadze Primary School, Kenya was arrested and appeared in court this week where he was denied bail by Chipinge magistrate, Mr Noah Gwatidzo.

The District Education Officer, Mrs Chiedza Beta, confirmed the incident.

“I can confirm the incident which occurred at Maparadze Primary School in Chipinge. Yes, the school was temporarily closed because pupils feared for their lives following what transpired last Thursday. I am happy that everything is back to normal.

“Lessons have resumed starting this week on Monday. All the injured teachers are recovering well and investigations into the matter are currently underway,” she said.

The deputy headmaster, Mr Target Magumise, had to be rushed to Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals in Harare where he is reportedly recovering from the injuries he sustained during the incident.

In denying him bail, Mr Gwatidzo, said the court was still waiting to hear the condition of Mr Magumise. Mazodze was remanded in custody to June 28.

In an interview, one of the school teachers who preferred not to be named for professional reasons said the incident happened at around 9am, when Mazodze exchanged harsh words with Mr Magumise during a meeting in the staff room.

“There was an argument between all members of the staff over the running of the school affairs during the Thursday meeting. Then the meeting turned nasty when Mr Magumise verbally attacked Mazodze, arguing that he was becoming big-headed because of his church background. Mazodze warned the deputy headmaster that what he was saying were no longer part of the meeting’s agenda.

“The exchanges continued, forcing the headmaster, Mr Day Mashura to adjourn the meeting. Other staff members left the room, leaving the two to settle their dispute.

“When they remained behind, the two went for each other’s necks. Mazodze rushed to a vehicle which was parked outside the staffroom block and grabbed a screwdriver. He returned and stabbed Mr Magumise once in the head, once in the left and right palms,” said the teacher.

He added: “Mr Godfrey Rwatipedza, a fellow teacher who is Mazodze’s church-mate and friend tried to restrain him, but was also stabbed once in the head. He bolted for dear life. The headmaster was also stabbed when he tried to restrain Mazodze. He sustained minor injuries.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Video of a Student And His Teacher Engaging in Heated Argument Sparks Outrage
Forum | 1 day ago

Video of a Student And His Teacher Engaging in Heated Argument Sparks Outrage

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 3 days ago