Feminism Is Toxic, I Don’t Want To Be Part Of That - Nollywood Actress, Bimbo Akintola

Forum 2 years ago

Feminism Is Toxic, I Don’t Want To Be Part Of That - Nollywood Actress, Bimbo Akintola

Nigerian actress, Bimbo Akintola has referred to herself as a humanist rather than a feminist.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/10453b9591d8c145e64cf0cd7519a449.jpeg

The 51-year-old actress, who stated this in an exclusive interview with PremiumTimes, at a movie set in Lagos, said feminism is a toxic ideology.

"My passion for the girl-child and the women does not make me a feminist; I am a humanist," she said.

“I don’t like this feminist idea because I think there’s a focus on this wing of feminism that is extreme. It’s toxic. I don’t want to be part of that. I want us to realise that you care about humans if you say you are a humanist

"That means every individual: boy, girl, woman, man; everybody. My niche is the women and the girl child because there is so much to do concerning this issue in Nigeria." she added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nollywood stars, Peter Obi spotted at Amaechi Muonagor funeral as he’s laid to rest in Anambra
Forum | 2 days ago

Nollywood stars, Peter Obi spotted at Amaechi Muonagor funeral as he’s laid to rest in Anambra

Donald Sutherland Passes Away, Kiefer Sutherland Issues Statement
Forum | 3 days ago

Donald Sutherland Passes Away, Kiefer Sutherland Issues Statement

EPL: Didi Hamann reveals player Arsenal must replace if they want to win title
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Didi Hamann reveals player Arsenal must replace if they want to win title

Transfer: Aston Villa want Iheanacho to replace Chelsea target, Duran
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Aston Villa want Iheanacho to replace Chelsea target, Duran