10 Signs To Know That Your Child Is A Spoilt Brat

Forum 8 years ago

10 Signs To Know That Your Child Is A Spoilt Brat

Spoil means rotten! No Nigerian parent wants to hear that his/her child is spoiled but self denial can NEVER take away reality. They say you can't spoil a baby with endless amounts of holding,rocking, and cooing, but once that child passes the toddler years, overindulgence can make that child spoilt . It's easy to pick out the spoiled kid on the playground . Here's a checklist of 10 signs that indicate that you may have a rotten child on your hands.

1. she throws tantrums often.
The surest sign of a spoiled child is one who frequently throws temper tantrums, both in public and at home. Your refusal to buy her sweets or biscuits makes the child bitter tantrums such that every one will be irritated.

2. She Isn't Ever Satisfied.
Spoiled children often can't express satisfaction with what they have. If they see someone else with something, they will want that instead. Buy expensive toys for them, the moment that child sees another child playing with ordinary 100 naira doll, the child will want to grab that one by force!

3. He Isn't Helpful.
No child likes to clean up, but once the toddler years have passed, he should be willing to help with smaller tasks, such as cleaning up his toys and putting his shoes away, running little errands for his mom. But if such child refuses to help even when asked, my dear that child is as rotten as a rotten egg.

4. He Tries to Control Adults.
Spoiled children often don't delineate between their peers and adults, expecting both to listen to them at all times.

5. He Frequently Embarrasses You in Public.
[ads4]
A slipup here and there is normal, but when a child purposely embarrasses his parent in public for the sake of attention, the situation moves beyond an isolated event.

6. She Won't Share.
Sharing is a difficult concept for lil ones to master, but once a child reaches the age of 4, she should be more willing to share toys, snacks, etc with friends and siblings but will beg others and collect from them.

7. You Have to Beg Him.
A parent or caretaker is an authority figure and should be obeyed when a request is made. You should not need to beg your child to have a task completed.

8. He doesn't greet his parents or elders.
No respect, the child will never greet his teachers, parents. No iota of respect or regard whatsoever. You don't need a prophet to tell you that such child is spoiled.

9. She Won't Play Alone
By the age of 4, a child should be willing (and able) to play on her own for a stretch of time.Needing a parent or playmate to play with demonstrates her need for attention.

10. You Have to Bribe Him.
When I was a child, before my mother put meat in my soup, just know that I have worked and worked until she's satisfied! But a spoiled child will want a candy or money before he does any chore in the house.

Parents should not have to bribe their lil ones with money, toys, treats, or the like in order to get them to do routine tasks.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 1 week ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates
Forum | 2 weeks ago

“She no know say I be celebrity” — Regina Daniels laments as her mom asks her to wash plates