Leicester boss Rodgers delighted with 'fantastic win' at Watford

Forum 1 year ago

Leicester boss Rodgers delighted with 'fantastic win' at Watford

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers was left delighted with their 5-1 win a Watford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fd6418eadf192c46057a3a206980fa7f.jpeg

Jamie Vardy and Harvey Barnes both struck twice in the rout.

Rodgers said: “It was a fantastic win. It's never easy at this stage of the season when people think you have nothing to play for. I'm proud of the players. They turned up. They were hungry right to the end. A good win for us.

“It was another unfortunate deflection from the corner which saw us concede. Our response was outstanding. The hunger and momentum and feeling the game was good for us. It's how we want to play. We want to be difficult to play against with or without the ball. We did both today.

“We'll definitely be doing something [about their struggles defending set-pieces] come the summer. We've tried different structures throughout the season. We were unfortunate today, it was an own goal by big Tim. Too many times we're not getting first contact. We'll rectify that.

“It's also aggression as well. It's all about first contact. That's about the mentality and aggression to get there first.

“I thought the attacking part of our game was outstanding. James Maddison's quality was sensational – his passing, his delivery, work rate was very good. We had that intensity. We were penetrating. We talked before about making more runs in behind."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal

Serie A: AC Milan boss talks up Chukwueze’s improved performance
Forum | 1 week ago

Serie A: AC Milan boss talks up Chukwueze’s improved performance

Suspended Kano Anti-graft Commission Boss Appeals CCT Ruling
Forum | 1 week ago

Suspended Kano Anti-graft Commission Boss Appeals CCT Ruling